Be Future-Ready! Winning In The Innovation Economy
|日 時：||2014/07/04(金) 09:00 〜 17:00|
|会 場：||Park Mall, 9 Penang Road (Opp Dhoby Ghaut MRT) - Venue may vary.|
|住 所：||9 Penang Road, Park Mall, Singapore 238459|
Singapore-based companies are eligible for tax deductions and cash payout under the Productivity and Innovation Credit (PIC) scheme. Terms and conditions apply.
This is an unique workshop that lets participants preview the future, prepare to seize upcoming opportunities and avoid disruptive changes. Participants will walk away with impactful insights that will motivate them to re-design their organisations, businesses and careers to exploit the future landscape.
CONSIDER THESE 4 REALITIES TODAY:
1) Hyper-speed World
Digital technologies enjoy an exponential rate of improvement. Everyone is becoming ultra-connected. Breaking news spreads instantly across the globe. Industry clockspeeds and adoption cycles of new technologies are speeding up. The world is turning hyper-speed.
2) Technology is the #1 Gamechanger
Science and technologies are the biggest and leading change driver in the world today. Adoption of new technologies sends powerful ripples across economies, businesses, governments, societies and people’s lives. Technology will hasten the re-writing the rules of the game, everywhere.
3) End of Business As Usual
Accelerating change and gamechanging technologies are disrupting one industry after another. Economies, enterprises and markets are transiting from a relatively stable state to a perpetually effervescent state. Systems, products and capabilities get obsolete quickly and require constant improvement.
4) Innovation is the Only Game
The advantage is shifting from the “bigger and more efficient” to the “faster and more innovative”. Many industries and corporate giants will be disrupted by ingenious enterprises that imagine new opportunities, create untapped value and captures blue ocean markets – FIRST.
DO YOU KNOW THAT:
- The world system is transforming from the Industrial Economy to the Innovation Economy, which has revolutionary impact similar to or greater than the Industrial Revolution.
Al Gore: “The global economy is being transformed by changes far greater in speed and scale than any other in human history.”
Future of Work expert, London Business School Professor Lynda Gratton: “We are in the biggest transformation ever. Even bigger than Industrial Revolution”
- As we enter the Innovation Economy, everything is up for re-imagination and re-invention. The old rules of business, industries and consumption is falling apart and giving way to information-powered and digitalized processes, products and solutions. Mary Meeker of Kleiner Perkins calls this “the re-imagination of nearly everything”. McKinsey estimates that US$14-33 trillion of economic impact will be created annually in 2025 by disruptive innovations.
Al Gore: “We are living with, and in, Earth Inc.: national policies, regional strategies and long accepted economic theories are now irrelevant to the new realities of our new hyper-connected, tightly integrated, highly interactive, and technologically revolutionanized economy.”
- The rate of change is speeding up and will soon become unmanageable for most governments, enterprises and individuals. The magnitude of change we experienced in the last ten years could be compressed into the next five. This is driven by new inventions, rapid technological adoption, digital technologies and the Internet.
Bill Gates: “Business in going to change more in the next ten years than it has in the last fifty.”
Peter Diamandis, Chairman of X Prize Foundation and Singularity University: “Over the next eight years, three billion new individuals will be coming online, joining the global conversation, and contributing to the global economy. Their ideas – ideas we’ve never before had access to – will result in new discoveries, products, and inventions that will benefit us all.”
- The old efficiency-based strategies and competencies that enabled enterprises to compete in the past are necessary but insufficient conditions for future success. Game-changing business models, digital strategies, and innovative capabilities are now the critical ingredients for success.
Gary Hamel, World’s Leading Business Thinker: “Somewhere out there is a bullet with your company’s name on it. Somewhere out there is a competitor, unborn and unknown, that will render your strategy obsolete. You can’t dodge the bullet – you’re going to have to shoot first. You’re going to have to out-innovate the innovators.”
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT:
- The Innovation Economy that features information, ideas, innovation, imagination, and intelligence as the core engines of growth.
- New Business Models, Mindset, Strategies and Competencies to Win in the Innovation Economy.
- Digital Disruption of Industries: How Media, Retail, Entertainment, Transportation, Education, Healthcare, Manufacturing has been or will be disrupted by digital technologies.
- The 5 Most Powerful Shifts in Business and Society.
- The 6 Platform Technologies that will Take Off in the next 5 years.
- The 4 Winning Sectors will Define and Inspire the Innovation Economy.
- Exponential Change and its Impact on Business, Markets, Competition and Consumers.
- The Global Future of Work, Human Resources and Skills. How will work be transformed and what are the new competencies required.
- Digital Economy concepts including Long Tail, Collaborative Consumption, Freeconomics, Exponential Organisations, Crowdsourcing.
DO YOU WANT TO BENEFIT FROM:
- Anticipating, exploiting and “partnering” change, instead of reacting to it.
- Understand the deep fundamental shifts in economy and technology that are cascading into relentless change.
- Upgrading from Industrial thinking to Innovator mindset.
- Exploiting this historical transformation and capturing the explosive opportunities created.
- Transforming your enterprise by embracing the new innovation paradigm.
- Previewing the upcoming tsunami of technologies and the game-changing potential unleashed.
- Jumping ahead of the competition curve at the organizational and individual level.
The powerful concepts presented here combines original ideas of the speaker and best-of-class insights from over 35 global experts in future of business, management science, economic theories, innovation, exponential and disruptive technologies, digital economy, globalization, human resources and business strategies . It is carefully put together in this format for the first time to empower leaders, executives, engineers, engineers and policymakers to appreciate and win in the Innovation Economy.
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Charlie Ang is an entrepreneur, speaker, and consultant in the area of futures thinking, innovation and disruptive technologies.
He is the CEO and Principal Trainer of FutureCraft, a strategic futures consulting and training firm. Charlie is also the Founding President of The Innovators Institute, a professional development center, global expert resource and peer support network for innovation leaders, managers and learners. Previously, Charlie was the Chief Innovation Officer (CINO) at First Media Group, a regional communications, design and educational group based in Singapore. At First Media, Charlie developed an innovative culture and experimented with breakthrough innovations in education, media, and marketing sectors.
As an entrepreneur, Charlie co-founded several start-ups, including a high tech venture that raised $ 5 million capital and grew to 80 staff. He has had a rewarding corporate stint; as the CINO of First Media Group and regional Vice President of one of the largest environmental companies in Asia.
Charlie was previously a trade diplomat with the Singapore government. He headed the Trade & Commercial Department of the Singapore embassies in Indonesia and Philippines while concurrently serving as the Centre Director of International Enterprise Singapore in these countries. During his 5-year stint in the government, he was recognized with several accolades at the civil service, ministry and agency levels, including the Star Service Award, GEMS Prize (Top IES Winner), and Service Excellence Award (Top Winner).
He received his MBA from the NUS Business School and BSc (First Class) Honours in Computer Science from University of Manchester, UK. Charlie completed futures and innovation executive programmes at Singularity University in Silicon Valley, Oxford University’s Said Business School and Stanford University.
His professional agenda is to help executives, engineers and entrepreneurs in Singapore adopt an Innovator mindset and win in the Innovation Economy. He writes regularly on strategic futures and innovation and has been published in the local media, including The Business Times, Singapore Business Review and The Straits Times.